Pages

2012-11-05

Life in New York right now

One of the things I mention in my novel is the collapse of the East Coast (You will see what I mean tomorrow), and this seems relevant.  Stories about people arming themselves to protect their homes, running their stoves for heat, and having to carry gallons of water up multiple flights of stairs abound right now.

It is something which has been drilled into my head, "Civilization is only nine meals deep."  We are seeing just how true that is in New York right now.  Things are going to get much worse before they get better.  If you live in New York south of power, get your family and find someone outside the city to live with.  If you have family in New York south of power, offer to have them come stay with you.

And if you don't live in New York, create a bug-out bag with essentials and have food stored at home for at least seven weeks in case you have to shelter in place.  I hope to God you never have to use them, but it is better safe than sorry.

UPDATE: Oh, and I almost forgot, H/T to the Gateway Pundit for the video.

2nd UPDATE: I want to point this out.  You cannot rely on the government to help you.  You cannot rely on anyone else to help you, unless you already have an agreement to help each other.  In the event of a major emergency it is up to you to help yourself and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment