Pages

2012-11-14

Children of the New Dawn

Ever since I read A Canticle for Leibowitz, one of my greatest fears in a post-SHTF or post-TEOTWAKI scenario has been the Great Simplification; a radical purging of knowledge and the condemnation of learning and technology as the justification which brought disaster down upon us and destroyed civilization.  While I am uncomfortable with how dependent upon technology we are, I am also an avid reader and a rather radical Anti-Luddite.

I am even pricing Movable Type Printing Presses for my bug-out zone should the SHTF or the world as we know it come to an end.  They are very expensive, but it would be worth being able to print books and keep knowledge alive in some form should, God Forbid, the worst ever occur.

This does however add an extra wrinkle to the situation.  Now, Jayce and the Colony have to tangle with those who seek to snuff out the light of civilization for the false light of simplification.  As if they didn't have enough to worry about as it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment