Pages

2012-11-10

Jurassic Park 3D

Universal has announced they are re-releasing Jurassic Park in April of next year in 3D on IMAX screens.  This is HUGE.  And then there are the Dinosaurs.



I first saw this movie when I was 7 at the drive in movie theater as part of a double-feature with the live-action Flintstones movie.  I was terrified and enraptured at the same time.  It was amazing.

During the summer between 3rd and 4th Grade years, after wearing down our VHS copy of the film from watching it too often, my dad gave me a copy of the novel the movie was based off.


I read it twice that summer.  To this day, it is still my favorite movie and my favorite novel.  I still have my original copy - less a few pages which fell out due to use.

I actually cried when Michael Crichton died. 

And now, they are re-releasing the movie which started my literary journey.  I will be there for the Midnight showing.  I owe Michael Crichton everything, it is the least I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment